VPN for PS5, PS4, and PS3
Best VPN for PS4 and other consoles: fast and secure optimised VPN servers for your gaming needs Beyond consoles: protect all devices with 1 subscription
A VPN PlayStation and for other consoles defeats ISP throttling, region-based content blocks, and other gaming obstructions. Unlock safety and privacy now!
How to set up a VPN on your PlayStation
- Use your router
- Connect via your Windows PC
- Download and install the VPNCENTER app. Once you have it, connect to the server of your choice.
- See if your router is VPN compatible. Most modern routers support VPN connections, though some may require manual configurations. Check here if your router supports VPN. If it doesn’t, you can buy one that does.
- Once you have set up a VPN connection on your router, simply connect your PlayStation to your Wi-Fi network.
1. Download and install the Vpncenter app on your Windows computer and connect to one of the servers.
2. Connect your console to your computer with a LAN cable.
3. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center and select Change Adapter Settings.
4. Right-click on VPN Conection and select Properties.
5. Open the Sharing tab and enable Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.
Get the best VPN for PlayStation
Looking to stream, game, or browse the internet safely on your PlayStation console? In this post, we’ll explain what a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is, show you how to install a VPN on your PS5, PS4 or PS3, and recommend some of the best VPNs to use.
Previously, users were able to bypass regional restrictions using a simple proxy server, but in recent years, most services have upgraded their geo-blocking techniques. Now, attempting to access services like Netflix in such a way usually results in the following error: “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy.”
There is another way though: if you’d like to access another country’s streaming library from abroad or limit the effects of a DDoS attack while gaming, a VPN can help. VPNs encrypt your traffic — preventing it from being read by prying eyes — and enable you to spoof your location so you can access geo-blocked platforms abroad.
Short on time? Read on for a quick guide to the best VPNs for your PS5, PS4 or PS3.