How to connect to OpenVPN via shell :
1. Open terminal (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + T).
2. Install OpenVPN client by entering:
sudo apt-get install openvpn
(if you are requested a password, enter the password which you have used when creating your account).
3. Navigate to OpenVPN configuration directory with command:
4. Download OpenVPN configuration files with command
sudo wget https://vpncenter.co/dl/ovpn.zip
4.1. In case you will get `ERROR: The certificate of `nordvpn.com’ is not trusted.`, please install `ca-certificates` package with command:
sudo apt-get install ca-certificates
5. If you do not have `unzip` package installed, download it by typing in:
sudo apt-get install unzip
6. Extract `ovpn.zip` with command:
sudo unzip ovpn.zip
7. Remove files which will be no longer used:
sudo rm zip
8. Depending on the connection protocol you want to be using(TCP or UDP), you can do either one of these commands:
9.Now, to see the list of all available servers, simply enter the
command and it will print full configuration file list.
10. Choose a server which you would like to connect to.
11. Start OpenVPN with a chosen configuration by entering:
sudo openvpn [file name]
sudo openvpn nl.udp.ovpn
12. OpenVPN will ask you for credentials, so simply enter those in with your NordVPN account credentials.
13. You have successfully connected to VPN. To disconnect from the OpenVPN connection simply open terminal and press Ctrl + C on your keyboard.
First connection usually takes not more than a minute. After connection you should now see the VPN connection successfully established.
Now all your traffic is secure and you are 100% anonymous!
If you have any problems or questions, please check our Knowledge Base.
If you can’t find an answer there, you can contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org).